Marvin R. O'Koon
Marvin O'Koon began his legal career in 1972 after graduating from the University of Louisville Law School.
He concentrates his practice in business litigation, business formation and personal injury litigation. He is
also a co-manager of the Firm.
Mr. O'Koon has represented clients in both state and federal courts in Kentucky and is licensed to practice before
the United States Supreme Court. He is the founding partner of the Firm and holds an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Prior to starting the Firm, Mr. O'Koon held various positions including the Kentucky Governor's appointment as General
Counsel to the Kentucky Department for Human Resources, Assistant Jefferson County Attorney and appointed to the Kentucky
Attorney General's Ad-Hoc Committee on Court Reform. In addition to his professional pursuits, he has volunteered and
served on various community and charitable committees and projects and is the past chairman of the Republic Bank Golf
Challenge benefiting the Jewish Community Center of Louisville.
- Practice Areas:
- Business Formation
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Court Admissions:
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
- All Kentucky Courts
- Bar Admissions:
- Kentucky, 1972
- Education and Degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce, University of Louisville, 1969
- Juris Doctor, University of Louisville, 1972
- Associations and Memberships:
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Justice Association